How to Make the Best & Porous lacy Crispy Tomato Rava dosas that are exactly similar to the ones that we in a restaurant. Thakkali Sadam is the most famous tomato-based south Indian Lunch menu after that thakkali dosa is very popular in south India. There is no Grind Process, no fermentation, and no need to soak Dosa batter for long. This Quick and Easy tomato Rava dosa recipe, is perfect for Beginners. Tips and Tricks shared to make Perfect Rava Dosa at home from the Scratch without any stress. Are you a Dosa fan? Then you must try these Unique Dosa Recipes like the Multi-Grain idli Dosa recipe, Green Peas Masala Dosa, Gobi Masala Dosa, Vendhaya Dosai, Mysore Masala Dosa, Paneer Dosa, Kara Dosai, Madurai Kari Dosai
Let’s see in Detail How to make the Rava Dosa Batter, what Rava to choose to make Rava Dosai, how to make Rava dosa to get the porous, and Cripsy Rava Dosai.
What is Tomato Rava Dosa/Thakkali Rava Dosai?
Semolina(Rava) is soaked with some Aromatic Indian Spices and then makes a crispy, netted and thin crepes called Rava dosa. That Rava dosa with a twist, instead of buttermilk tomato puree added is called tomato Rava dosa or tomato dosa. Thakkali is the Tamil name for Tomato.
What Rava to choose to make Rava Dosai?
Use any fine unroasted Rava, easy to soak and it will not take more time for soaking.
🌿🌿Pro Tips for Making Perfect Rava Dosa:
1️⃣Use the right proportions of maida, rice flour, Rava(fine unroasted), and mainly water. I don’t use wheat flour(it gives a dense texture).
2️⃣Rava Dosa Batter should be runny watery consistency.
3️⃣Don’t soak the dosa batter for more than 15 mins, more soaking time leads to soggy dosa.
4️⃣Every time u make dosa make sure the Tawa is on proper heat not so high or low should be on medium heat.
5️⃣Use a tumbler or dabara or a bowl with a rim for pouring the batter, not with a ladle.
6️⃣Important Tip, Pour the batter a little high above the Tawa, not close to the tawa so that you will get porous. Ignore the mess around the Tawa later we can clean it.
7️⃣As much as u cook, you will get crispiness.
Adding chopped onion, nuts all extra fittings to make dosa delicious. 🙈
Tomato Rava Dosa Ingredients & Preparation Methods:
Tomato Rava Dosa
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup Rava(Fine un roasted Rava)
- 1/3 cup maida
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- 1 tsp crushed cumin
- 1/2 cup tomato puree(i used store-bought)
- 4 to 5 cup water
- 1 chopped onion
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Take a wide bowl and a wire whisk, add the rava, rice flour, maida,saltmix well.add crushed pepper, jeera, corinader leaves, ginger, tomato puree, mix and then start adding water little by little.
- Dont add water at a time add little by little.cover and rest it for 15 mins not more than that.After 15 mins the batter is ready to make rava dosa.
- Use a tumbler mix well before make dosa.Heat a tawa at medium heat. check the batter is poruing consistancy, it should be watery.On hot tawa sprinkle little chopped onion, Pour the batter little highabove the tawa not very close to it.so that you will get the porous on dosa.
- Let it cook roast till the edges turn golden.Drizzle some oil. Once the edges turns golden remove it from the stove.That's is Cripsy moru moru rava dosa ready to serve!