Mor Rasam Recipe(buttermilk rasam),Iyengar Sathamudhu recipes
Mor Rasam Recipe, Buttermilk Rasam Recipe with step by step Photos and detailed Video recipe. Most easy rasam Varieties made with spiced buttermilk and rasam powder under 15 mins. Not much cooking is required is need to make this rasam, just spice up the buttermilk(மோர் in Tamil) and a quick tempering(Thalippu) that’s it Mor Rasam is ready. Unlike, Mor Kuzhambu(Mor Kulambu) we no need to grind the coconut or more spices along but we can say or call “Mor Rasam” as a Shortcut method of making “Mor Kuzhambu”. Mor Rasam without tamarind good to make it on Dwadasi Paaranai Thaligai | Dwadasi Special Menu.
Easy White Rasam Recipe is the other name of Mor Rasam, But not exactly in white color it pale white is we didn’t add more turmeric powder. I love to add Turmeric powder(Manjal Thool) more in my cooking because of its Good Quality(Health benefits). Buttermilk is really good for health and that too spiced buttermilk we can have n number of times a day, it will reduce our body heat. A reader mailed, “Saw you Mor Kuzhambu with Vadai recipe video on Facebook, made the same and it becomes our family favorite dish. Do try the authentic Recipe which is similar to Mor Kuzhambu called Mor rasam, which is very famous in Iyengar Thaligai.” After reading this mail googled and cross-checked with my friend, got recipe sharing here.
Do Check the recipes Related to Mor Rasam are Vazhaithandu Mor Recipe, Quick(instant) Mor Kuzhambu, Paruppu Urundai Mor Kuzhambu, Neer Mor(spiced buttermilk), Mor Milagai Recipe.
Detailed Video for Making Mor Rasam Recipe, Buttermilk Rasam Recipe:
do check the Easy Rasam Varieties for your Reference, Poricha Rasam, Vepampoo Rasam, Tomato Rasam(Thakkali Rasam), Kollu Rasam, Lemon Rasam, Pineapple rasam, cauliflower rasam,
step by step of making Mor Rasam Recipe, Buttermilk Rasam Recipe:
- Add a tsp of Coconut oil, 1/2 roast cumin seeds, 1/2 black pepper, 1/2 tsp toor dal, 1/2 tsp channa dal, 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, 1 dry red chili until golden brown(make sure that it should not burn). Let it cool for sometime and then powder it in the mixie(this the rasam powder).
2.Take 2 cups of buttermilk, 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder, A generous pinch Hing, curry leaves mix everything well and keep on the stove in low flame.Add the powdered rasam powder and mix well
3. add ghee in a pan and then add mustard seeds, curry leaves milagai vazhal(optional) temper them.
4. once the rasam foaming at the top switch of the rasam. granish it with coriander leaves and serve hot mor rasam with Paruppu Thogaiyal or Paruppusili
Recipe Card For the Preparation of Mor Rasam Recipe, Buttermilk Rasam Recipe,
- To make Home Made Rasam Powder We need:
- 1 tsp of Coconut oil(thengai ennai)
- ½ roast cumin seeds(seragam)
- ½ black pepper(milagu)
- ½ tsp Toor dal(thuvaram Paruppu)
- ½ tsp channa dal9kala
- 1 dry red chili
- 2 cups of buttermilk,
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder,
- A generous pinch Hing,
- A sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds,
- A sprig curry leaves
- 2 milagai vazhal(optional)
- salt as needed
- Add a tsp of Coconut oil, ½ roast cumin seeds, ½ black pepper, ½ tsp toor dal, ½ tsp channa dal, 1 dry red chili until golden brown(make sure that it should not burn). Let it cool for sometime and then powder it in the mixie(this the rasam powder).
- Take 2 cups of buttermilk, ½ tsp Turmeric Powder, A generous pinch Hing, salt, curry leaves mix everything well and keep on the stove in low flame.
- Add the powdered rasam powder and mix well
- Meanwhile add ghee in a pan and then add mustard seeds, curry leaves milagai vazhal(optional) temper them
- once the rasam foaming at the top switch of the rasam. drop the tempering over the rasam
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot rasam with Paruppu Thogaiyal or Paruppusili
dont boil the buttermilk it leads to curdling, just foams at the top switch off the stove
use ghee for good flavour