Chana Masala with step-by-step Pictures and Video. North Indian cuisine is famous for Chole masala made with Whole white chickpeas (known as chana or vellai kondakadalai in Tamil) and (known as chole in Hindi). This chana masala recipe is a restaurant-style version with soft chana and creamy gravy. If you love authentic North Indian food then you are going to love this Chana Masala even more. Made with Whole spices, to make Chana Masala Powder, Fragrant, and aromatic whole spices make this chana masala more flavorful.
Hara Chana masala Recipe, Hare Chane Ki Sabzi Recipe. This recipe is Green chana masala with aloo recipe if you want to try it for a kids’ lunch box. One simple and easy chana masala recipe using chana that goes well with Rotis, pori, and even with any chawal. Sharing the restaurant-style chana masala which is rich and tasty. Usual chana masala recipe using while chana and Lobiya masala recipe I shared before. The White chana masala recipe dry recipe is here. All my chana masala is very flavourful and I never used any store-bought masala powders and I used all homemade garam masala powder.
What is Chana Masala?
This spicy, hearty, chickpea-based Indian dish is vegan and gluten-free. White Chickpea is cooked with Indian spices, and tomato puree and served with onion. Chana Masala is a North Indian every day, anytime recipe that’s protein-packed, vegan, and gluten-free. This healthy, delicious, and flavourful Chana Masala recipe cooked in a blend of spices is going to be the best one you have ever tasted! Enjoy this Chana Masala with bhaturas, rotis, pooris, naans, parathas, or plain rice. It makes great leftovers, too! Be sure to prep the ingredients in advance, as the recipe moves quickly. The recipe yields 4 bowls.
Super EASY Chana Masala Video Recipe | Chole Masala Recipe Video
Homemade Chana Masala Powder:
Take 1-inch cinnamon, 2 cloves, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp cumin seeds, and ½ tsp fennel seeds, Roast on low flame and then powder it. Homemade chana masala powder ready!
Step by Step Chana Masala Recipe Pictures:
- Soak 1 cup of chana overnight or for 8 hours completely. Grind 2 onions & 2 tomatoes, make puree and keep aside.
- Heat a Pressure Cooker with 3 tbsp oil, and add 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- Add the onion puree, and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, and saute well till it turns golden.
- Add the tomato puree, ground chana Masala powder, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp coriander powder saute well till the oil separates,
- Add the soaked chana, and 1 & 1/2 cups of water, Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once cooked, open the lid and ⅓ cup channa, grind it, and add that to the chana masala, mix well. Let it cook for a few mins and then switch it off. You can add little water if it is too thick. Channa masala is ready to serve.
chana Masala is ready to serve with Rotis, you can have as a chat too just add a dash of chopped onions, coriander, lime juice & serve!
Hope this post will help you to make Tasty Chana Masala at Home. If you have any Doubts about making channa masala or If you want any specific recipes you can email me at email@example.com. Do Follow me on Instagram for more Recent updates and every cooking recipe video
Do share your thoughts with me, Also tag our page on Instagram @premasculinary with hashtag it on #premasculinary
Thanks & Have a Good Day! 😉Enjoy Cooking and Mindful Eating!