Black-Eyed Peas with Mushroom (Lobhiya Khumb Masala)-side dish for Roti
This is one of my favorite side dish which i make very often for dinner.It is so simple recipe and also it tastes so good.My words and the pictures may not do justice to the dish,clicked it in a rainy day. You have to try and find how tasty this masala turned out.
1/2 cup dried black
1 cup mushrooms,cleaned and sliced
2 tbsp oil
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 medium sized onion chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tomatoes finely chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilly powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt as needed
- Soak the black eyed peas in water for over night.
- Pressure cook the peas with enough water and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the cumin seeds and cinnamon,let them sizzle for few seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and tomato,cook until they become soft and mushy.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder,coriander powder ,chilli powder and salt(little salt only for masala).
- Cover and cook over low heat,until the raw smell goes.
- Drain the water completely and then add the cooked black eyed peas to the masala and mix well.
- Add in the mushroom with the masala,uncovered and cook well.
- Add in fresh coriander leaves.Serve hot.
Serve hot with plain basmati rice or rotis.
1.I used dried black eyed peas,if you are using canned black eyed peas then rinse and drain the water,use it.
2.We are adding salt while pressure cooking the black eyed peas so add little salt which is required only for masala.
3.After adding the mushroom don’t cover and cook it.No need to add water because after adding mushroom it oases out water so it is enough for the mushroom to cook.
Do try this Masala and Write your Feedback to me.
Have a Nice Day!!!
Delicious and healthy side dish for rotis.Easy to make.
I too prepare this prema, my daughter loves it:)
Nice combo ….
Corn and Cucumber Salad
innovative and awesome combo dish.
Nice idea of combining the two…looks yumm
Very healthy & delicious… 🙂
Very delicious and healthy curry
very unique combo.. new for me… looks good
delicious and healthy curry..
Pairing lobia with mushrooms is a nice idea..Looks delicious..
a unique combo.. perfect with roti..
Nice and yummy combo, i recently started cooking mushrooms
Gosh, looks so tempting..
they def make a grt pair .. wld try this.. i ve tried soup with this combo..
Yummy and healthy combo,perfect with chapathis
Good side dish for rotis
Sai Padma Priya
very delicious and healthy…
Premalatha I love your step-by-step pictures. the single pictures of the recipes seemed to come out elongated; do you use a software to increase the size?
perfect health side dish with chappati…
Love the combo..yuum
Healthy side dish. Love it with mushrooms as you did.
looking inviting healthy dsh
Very unique and nice combo, sounds healthy too!
Nice combo …looks gud and love your crockery set
tempting recipe and yummy.
FAST FOOD EVENT -MUSHROOM
in my blog.