Raita is one of the most popular dishes in Indian cuisine, and it is so easy to make, so healthy, so delicious and so quick. we commonly call raita Thayri Pachadi Tamil. There are many types of raita recipes. The one we use to make spicy biryani or Parotta is onion raita. How delicious Biryani do we cook if raita is not nice then the effort we put in becomes waste. Sometimes raita becomes thin(watery), bitter, and soggy. Sharing How to make Perfect colorful Raita. Step-by-step raita recipes in an easy way. In today’s recipe, we will learn how to make 6 types of raitas to go with your biryani. Try out these yummy raita recipes and let us know how you like them.
- Okra(ladies finger) Raita/Vendakkai Thayir Pachadi Recipe.
- Tomato Raita/Thakkali Thayir Pachadi Recipe
- Boondi Raita Recipe
- Paneer Raita Recipe
- Beetroot Raita
What is Raita?
Raita is a Curd(yogurt) dip or sauce made with vegetables or fruits that are served as a side with various meals in Indian cuisine. There are many ways it is made and they all taste different with the kind of veggies or fruits you add to the yogurt. This yummy side dish is for spicy biryanis, pilafs, parathas, kebabs, etc.
Why Raita for biryani/Parotta?
Usually, Raita is served with Spicy biryanis or Parotta or serving sauce even for fried snacks! Since it has probiotic health benefits due to the presence of gut-friendly bacteria in curd (yogurt). The spices and herbs added to it helps in digestion. That’s why we should take a raita along with Biryani or any spicy food!
Raita Recipe Video:
Raita recipe for Biryani, rotis. Biryani Raita Recipe
- 1 cup thick curd
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 onion finley chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 cucumber
- 2 green chilies
- coriander leaves
- Firstly take 1 cup of thick Curd, add 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp salt beat well to a creamy paste
- Now add in all the chopped vegetables like onion, cucuber, tomato, green chilies, mix well
- that's it Onion Raita Ready!
- Beat curd with the spice powders and chopped vegetables and keep in the fridge. Mix them only at the time of serving otherwise the vegetable won’t be crunchy also after adding the vegetables the curd becomes watery so mix just before serving!
- Make sure that the curd is not sour, also the cucumber is not bitter.
- If you are adding vegetables like a bottled gourd, beetroot, and radish(watery vegetables) after grating squeeze the water and then add it.
- Don’t add water for raita.
- Always serve raita cold.
Step by step Raita making Procedure:
Firstly, take 1 cup of thick curd, add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder beat well(use thick curd so that you will get creamy raita). Take 1 Onion Finely chop them, 1 tomato de seed and then chop it. 1 cucumber dice it. 1 carrot grate, 2 green chilies & coriander chop it finely.
Add the chopped vegetables mix well. That’s it Pachadi ready! We dont add tadka, if you want you can add!
How to make Best Creamy Raita:
- Use Thick Curd and Beat curd well. Mix it with vegetables only at the time of serving otherwise the vegetables wont be crunchy also after adding the vegetables the curd become watery so mix just before serving!
- Make sure that curd is not sour, also cucumber is not bitter.
- If you are adding vegetables like bottle gourd, beetroot, radish(watery vegetables) after grating squeeze the water and then add it.
- Even you can add fruits to the raita like pomegranete apple etc,
- Always serve Cold raita.
Hope you like this simple raita recipe. Do stay tuned to Prema’s Culinary for more interesting recipes, if you have any doubts about this recipe or If you want any specific recipes you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Follow me on Instagram for more Recent updates and every cooking recipe video share your thoughts with me, Also tag our page on Instagram @premasculinary with hashtag it on #premasculinary
Thanks & Have a Good Day! 😉Enjoy Cooking and Mindful Eating!