Spicy Palli Karam Pudi for rice, How to make Peanut Chutney Powder with Garlic
Spicy Verkadalai Poondu Podi aka Palli Karam Podi is an amazing accompaniment for Rice, idli, and dosa. Palli Karam Podi is a signature dish from Andhra & Telangana. Also in North Karnataka called Shenga Chutney Pudi. whatever we call Verkadalai Podi in Tamil. Slight variation in Preparation but the taste is extraordinary. If you are a Fan of Andra Paruppu Podi you must try this recipe, I am sure you love it.
No vegetables no problem, just keep this podi handy will help in case you are short of kulambu or Kari. Dry Peanut Chutney Powder is also known as Palli Karam Podi, very spicy and tastes amazing with Hot steaming rice topped with Ghee. This Homemade two-in-one Peanut Chutney powder will help you to sort out breakfast and lunch too. Made Podi sadam and Baby potato roast for lunch box and podi idli for Breakfast!
You can Check more Flavourful Podi recipe collections like Guntur Idli Podi recipe, Flax seeds idli milagai podi, Karuppu ulundhu ildi podi, Paruppu podi, Kollu podi, Poondu Milagai podi.
What is Peanut chutney powder(Andra Palli Karam Podi)?
Palli Paruppu Podi aka Peanut Powder, is a coarse peanut powder made without dal, garlic, chili, coconut, and salt. Some people add roasted gram dal too. It is a staple food of Andra & North Karnataka. This can be served with idli, dosa, or mixed with rice along with some ghee.
Peanut Chutney Powder video recipe,
Verkadalai Podi, Spicy Palli Karam Podi, Peanut chutney Powder
- 1 cup peanuts
- 6 red chilies
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- curry leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat a pan add 1 cup of peanuts, and roast on low flame till it turns crisp.Once you see golden spots transfer them to a plate.
- Heat the same pan add 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 4 garlic cloves, 7 red chilies, and ¼ cup of coconut, and roast them.
- Switch off the stove and finally add curry leaves
- Let them cool down and then transfer roasted peanuts, and everything to a mixie jar, add 1 tsp Kashmiri chili, 1 tsp salt, and powder it.
- You can add ¼ of roasted gram dal(pottukadalai) while grinding for a more tasty podi.
- That’s it Verkadalai Podi ready!
Try this Karam Podi with rice, Chettinad Potato roast is too good with this rice!
More Lunch Box Recipes, and also Homemade Powders/Podi recipes are good for lunch Box.
Hope you like this simple variety of rice recipe. Do stay tuned to Prema’s Culinary for more interesting recipes, if you have any doubts about this recipe or If you want any specific recipes you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Follow me on Instagram for more Recent updates and every cooking recipe video share your thoughts with me, Also tag our page on Instagram @premasculinary with hashtag it on #premasculinary
Thanks & Have a Good Day! 😉Enjoy Cooking and Mindful Eating!