Fruits and Nuts Bar | No Bake Health Bar
Now a days Kids are very smart and multi talented.They really need stamina and energy to boost their activity.Not only for kids, actually we need energy to run behind them.To increase our metabolism we need some foods provides that more energy naturally.While talking with suhaina she suggested me to try fruits and nuts bar.Next day itself she made some for me.From then i started making this for breakfast.It taste really good than the ready made ones.Here is the recipe, do try and get more energy naturally.
Recipe Source: My Singapore Kitchen
1 and 1/2 cup Muesli
3 tbsp Quinoa
3/4 cup Almonds
3/4 cup Cashew nuts
1/2 cup Walnuts
3/4 cup Pistachios
1/2 cup Brazil Nuts
1/2 cup Plain Roasted Macadamia
3 tbsp Black Raisins
3 tbsp Green Raisins
5 Dry Figs
1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp Sesame seeds
50 g Butter
1/4 cup Honey
3 tbsp Brown sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Dry roast all the nuts,muesli and quinoa in low flame for 10 minutes or even you can use the baked nuts.Chop the nuts.
- Chop dry fruits which is bigger in sizes like dates,prunes,figs.Mix all the dry fruits and nuts in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the pan and melt butter, brown sugar and honey together .
- Stir well till the sugar melts completely.Add in vanilla essence.
- Once the syrup becomes thick and sticky,add the fruits and nuts mix into the pan and mix everything well very fast.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and then transfer the hot mix directly into it.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top before pressing.
- Grease your hand with oil or butter and then press on top of the mix to level the mix evenly all over the try.
- Flatten it evenly and allow it to cool down a bit and then keep in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours invert it into a plate or in wax paper.
- You can easily slice it because it is chewy inside.
- Slice it and place in an airtight container.
Here is our Energy loaded Fruits and Nuts Bar is ready.Wanna a slice of crunchy and chewy health bar?
- The measurement which i have mentioned here yields 25 to 30 medium sized bars and if you want more or less you can increase or decrease the quantity.
- Adding of fruits and nuts are of your choice,you can use whatever available at your place.
Have A Nice Day!!!
Real healthy and super tempting bars…
This looks excellent …wonderful way to start the day …gud one Prema
this recipe is perfect for breakfast and snacks! great blog!
They look very nice and healthy too. Best way to start the day with these healthy bars
Looks great Prema, home made health bars are a treat.
Healthy and filling bars…
Perfect as snack or breakfast, healthy too 🙂
That looks soo great Prema..I cant wait to try it:-) By teh way did u cook quinoa before adding it?
Thanks Ramya,dry roasted the quinoa before adding it…Now i have updated that in step too.thanks again:)
Healthy bar to have as a breakfast and also perfect to munch in the evening as a snack too.
Wow wat a healthy and super prefect energy bars to kick start a day.
Healthy yummy sanck bars….
super delicious….Rush your entries for Know your Natural Sweetness-Honey here:http://easy2cookrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/know-your-natural-sweetness-honey.html event in my blog
They have come out so well prema! healthy and delicious looking
Healthy & tasty snack!!!
They look superb, very healthy..
I’m already drooling..looks delicious n very healthy bar….
Delicious and healthy bars.. Love it..
Divya’s Culinary Journey
Perfect to munch,love it
Beautiful clicks Prema. They hVe come out perfect and tasted great. Love them any time of the day.
A superb post from start to finish… loved the pics and the write-up. The recipe itself is brilliant; for myself, as I don’t eat dairy, I would replace the butter with a good quality nut or seed oil. I might also replace the sugar with date syrup to make the bar even more natural. I will get some quinoa and try this one… thank you 🙂
wow awesome and perfectly done and healthy too!
SYF&HWS – Cook with Spices
South Indian Cooking (SIC) Series
Such an awesome treat. I have been thinking about making something some healthy like this.
Super tempting bars..full of nutritious value..
Perfect and healthy snack bars…looks delicious!!
wow… these bars look delicious… healthy and yummy… bookmarked…