Paneer Pav Bhaji, step by step recipe + video(Paneer Bhaji)
SIMPLE PANEER PAV BHAJI RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS AND VIDEO STREET FOOD RECIPES OF MUMBAI.
Pav Bhaji recipe, without paneer here. Pav Sandwich recipe made with Pav buns is my recent Pav bhaji recipe. You can check the Mumbai Vada Pav recipe.
I’ve thought of making my own pav bhaji masala many times but somehow I changed my mind and used the MDH Pav Bhaji Masala to make this quick. I have made this Pav Buns yesterday and couldn’t wait to try it with Pav bhaji, so I made it and clicked it.
The vegetables that are usually added to pav bhaji are cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, peas, capsicum, and french beans, etc… but I used only potato and green peas. You can add your favorite veggie for variation. Just follow my step by step photo recipe and learn how to make this easy Paneer Pav Bhaji at home and serve as dinner special dish.
Made the Paneer Pav Bhaji in this cast iron Tawa, From Dosakal.com
Paneer Pav Bhaji recipe Video:
Paneer Pav Bhaji, STREET FOOD RECIPES OF MUMBAI:
- 2+1 medium-sized onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- ½ cup boiled green peas
- ½ cup grated paneer
- 2 medium-sized potatoes boiled
- ⅓ cup of green bell peppers chopped
- 1 green chilly chopped finely
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala Powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder (optional)
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- ⅓ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp butter(optional)
- 1 lemon
- Salt as needed
- Boil the Vegetables with salt and mash it, make it ready.
- Heat oil in a Tawai and add in cumin seeds, let it splutter.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste saute it for a while and then add the onion and tomatoes fry it, till it becomes soft and mushy. add the chopped capsicum.
- Once done add in the turmeric powder, chilly powder, pav bhaji masala powder,garam masala, and salt. Add water otherwise, the masala started to burn.
- Add in the mashed vegetables and mix well.
- Add grated paneer, coriander leaves and butter, mash well.
- garnish it with coriander, top some butter. Squeeze lime juice while serving.
Mash the vegetables and then add it into the Kadai or if you have the mashing tool you can do it directly while frying it.
Adjust the spice powders according to your taste.
Adding butter is optional if you want rich gravy you can add it.
Step by Step Paneer Pav Bhaji recipe, Pav Bhaji Paneer, Paneer Bhaji Pav:
Boil the Vegetables with salt
mash it, make it ready. reserve the water for later use.
Heat oil in a Tawai and add in cumin seeds, let it splutter.
Now add the ginger garlic paste saute it for a while and then add the onion saute well.
tomatoes fry it, till it becomes soft and mushy. add the chopped capsicum. Once done add in the turmeric powder, chilly powder, pav bhaji masala powder,garam masala, and salt. Add water otherwise, the masala started to burn.
Add in the mashed vegetables and mix well.
Add grated paneer, coriander leaves and butter, mash well.
garnish it with coriander, top some butter. Squeeze lime juice while serving.
Paneer Pav Bhaji is ready to serve.
- Divide the pav buns into two halves and keep aside. Heat some butter and fry the pav buns for a minute. Serve the pavs hot with the bhaji.
The Pav Buns in the pics are homemade and you can find the recipe here. Nothing better than some homemade bhaji with homemade pav.
Have Blessed Day!!!