|Rasmalai(Mango Rasmalai) Recipe | Dessert Recipes | Mango Recipe
Author : Premalatha Aravindhan Category : Dessert Recipes Yeilds : 15-20 Rasmalais
Prep and cooking Time: 1 hrs and 30 Mins Cuisine : Indian/Bangaladesh serves : 2-3
For Rasmalai Patties:
- 5 cups milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp Maida/Plain flour
- 1/3 tsp Sooji/Rava
- 1 tbsp Chopped nuts(optional)
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar(for sugar syrup)
- 2 and 1/2 cups water(for sugar syrup)
For Milk mixture:
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup mango puree
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons of sugar (adjust to your taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon crush cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds or pistachios to garnish
How to make Paneer for Rasmalai:
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed over medium-high heat, stirring frequently making sure milk do not burn on the bottom of the pan.As the milk comes to a boil, add the lemon juice slowly and stir the milk gently.
- The curd will start separating,immediately turn off the heat.
- Drain it using a cheesecloth or muslin cloth.To take out the excess water squeeze the cloth.Now Paneer is ready.
How to make Rasmalai Patties:
- knead the paneer for 3-4 minutes until the paneer is almost rolls into smooth soft dough.
- Now add sooji,maida,chopped nuts to the paneer and Knead it by dragging the palm of your hard on the paneer.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and roll them into smooth balls or flat disc.
- Make sugar syrup and then add the patties into the sugar syrup and let to boil.They will expand to about double in the volume while cooking in the syrup.Take out the patties from the syrup and squeeze them lightly,and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a pan on medium heat until the milk reduce to about 1 and 1/2 cups.Add the cardamom and mix in.
- Make sure to frequently stir the milk as the milk burns easily in bottom of the pan.Add the sugar and the Rasmalai patties in milk.Let it cook for few minutes.
- After few minutes,remove it from the stove and let it cool for some times.
- Add the Mango puree with the rasmalai and mix it.Mango rasmalai is ready.Refrigerate it for few hours.
- Garnish with sliced almonds or pistachios. Serve the Rasmalai chilled.
1.Adding of flour and rava while making the patties is optional,we can skip that also.
2.If you want to make the rasagulla stop the step upto boiling the patties in the sugar syrup.After that you can refrigerate and serve.
3.You can make patties in any shape, round or flat disc.