Kai Murukku(கை முறுக்கு)/ Suthu Murukku which i made for Gokulashtami this year.Amma makes this every year for diwali as well as for gokulastami.she make the swirls very faster and perfect.I couldn’t get the perfect swirls like my mom but the taste exactly the same.Hope i will get the perfect swirls next year.Don’t miss to prepare the crispy kai murukku for Diwali.
Kai Murukku Recipe Video(suthu Murukku Recipe):
4 cups Puzhungal Arisi (Par boiled rice)
1/2 cup Urad dal
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
4 tbsp Butter
A generous pinch Hing
Oil for Frying
Salt as Needed
Step by step Kai Murukku Method of making:
- Dry roast the urad dal ,till you get the nice aroma.Let it cool for sometime and then powder it in mixie.
- Seive the flour and make it ready.
- Soak the rice for an hour and then gind it into fine batter,add little water while grinding.
- Transfer the batter into a mixing bowl and then add the Urad dal Powder,butter,salt,hing and sesame seeds,mix well.
- After adding the urad dal powder the batter become thick and knead well,make it ready.
- Spread a clean cloth,keep a bottle cap in the centre for the whole,start making swirls.
- Take little dough and use fingers to rolls and push the dough and form circle.End it where you start the circle.
Heat oil in kadai,take the murukku using a flat laddle.Drop it carefully into the hot oil and fry it.
- Fry both sides till it stops bubbling.Once it become light golden brown,remove it from the stove.
Crispy Murukku is ready now,do try and enjoy.
Have a nice day!!!