Payasam using Vermicelli(semiya) and Sago(javvarisi) Recipe | Tamil New Year Recipes
Let this New Year bring you more happiness,health and wealth so with a joyful heart. Wishing you all a Happy New Year.இனிய புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்.Here am sharing a classic dessert which is commonly made on all special occasions.Scroll down for Recipe.
Serves : 2-3
1/2 cup Vermicelli/Semiya
1/3 cup Sago/Javvarisi
2 cups Milk
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Sugar
A generous Pinch Cardamom Powder
1 tsp Ghee
5-10 Cashew Nuts
- Soak sago in water for 1/2 an hour and drain it,this will help you for quick cooking .
- Heat ghee in a kadai and then fry the cashew nuts and raisin,till golden brown.Take out in a plate,keep aside.
- Fry the vermicelli in the same pan,take it out and keep aside.
- Boil water in a pan and then add the soaked sago,cook until it turns to a transparent balls.
- Add the vermicelli and cook for few seconds or till it turns soft.
- Once the vermicelli becomes soft ,add the milk.Let it to boil.
- Add in the cardamom powder and mix well.Now add the fried raisins and cashew nuts.Serve the Payasam either Hot or cold.
Make this simple and yummy kheer/Payasam and enjoy New Year.
- Soaking the sago helps you for quick cooking.If you are using the small variety,then no need to soak for long just soak it just for 10 minutes and add it.
- You can use condensed milk instead normal milk.In that case skip sugar.
- You can add any nuts of your choice.
Have a nice Day!!!
Technorati Tags: Payasam Recipes,Easy Payasam Recipes,Semiya Payasam,Javvarisi Payasam,Semiya Javvarisi Payasam,Sago Recipe,Sago Payasam Recipe,Vermicelli Payasam Recipe,Vermicelli Sago Payasam,Tamil New Year Recipe,Tamil New Year Menu,Pandigai Menu,indian recipes tamil new year,awesome tamil new year recipes,tamil new year menu,tamil new year special recipes,tamil new year food special,what to do on tamil new year,tamil new year sweets,recipes for tamil puthandu,Tamil New Year 2013,Puthandu 2013,Puthandu,Varuda Pirappu 2013,Varuda Pirappu.
The payasam looks divine prema. Very well made 🙂
wow its great treat at all occasion… love it…
tempting and inviting dear…me too prepared the same
delicious and mouth watering payasam.
This is how my mom make here payasam..looks super rich and droolworthy. Happy tamil new year to u dear.
Happy new year dear – the payasam looks yummy 🙂
Happy new year – The payasam looks yummy!
Shema | LifeScoops
Looks delicious. Did you use nylon sago?
Thanks dear:) i used the normal big one not the nylon:)
i absolutely love the combination of semiya and sago… the payasam looks yum…
my!! the blogsphere is soo full of delicious payasams. just feel like having some straight away.
Wishing you and your family a Very Happy New Year. Mouthwatering payasam.
Puththandu Nal Vazhthukkual Prema, One of my family’s fav Payasam
happy new year prema
Payasam looks yummy. Nice clicks too !!Happy Tamil New Year to you and your family !!
Hapy New Year wishes to you Prema, and the payasam looks delicious;-)
My favvvvv… Love it a lot but couldn’t make it as my hubby is not fond of this 🙁
Delicious payasam with vermicelli and sago Prema. Love it Happy Tamil new year to you and family.
Super tempting and yummy kheer
Looks super yum….lovely combo n pics
Mouthwatering paysam… its one of my favourites… 🙂
Payasam looks yummy.. Happpy to follow you.. plz come and visit my space. .
I am drooling!!! looks great…
Delicious and tempting payasam..
My fav payasam and very easy to make..Love your clicks..
Delicious payasam, looks tempting!
Payasam looks delicious and tempting…
Happy New Year to you & family Prema. The payasam looks divine.
This looks yummy ….First time saw sago and vermicelli combo !!!
Loved it 🙂
wonderful information, I had come to know about your blog from my friend nandu , hyderabad,i have read atleast 7 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i’m already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a ton once again, Regards, Semiya upma