Chilli Mushroom(Dry) Recipe – Indo Chinese Style
Chilli Mushroom is a classic Chinese dish that is inspired with the Indian ingredients.I have already posted the Chilli Paneer Recipe with paneer and green chilies,however i want to make slight variation for chilly mushroom,so i have added dry red chillies. It makes a great appetizer for parties and very easy to make as well. Before proceeding to the recipe do check the Post how to clean Mushroom in easy way.
- 200gms White Button Mushroom cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 medium sized onions,diced and separated
- 4 Garlic pods finely chopped
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 3 dry Red chilies
- 1 Green bell peppers,diced.
- A pinch salt(Adjust the salt according to your taste)
To Marinate the Mushroom we need:
- 2 tbsp Maida Flour
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Slice the onion separate it,break the dry red chilli,dice the bell peppers,chop the garlic and spring onions.
- Clean mushroom and dice it.
- In a mixing bowl add maida, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, pepper powder and salt.Pour water and mix well without lumps.Add the mushroom cubes into the batter and mix well,marinate it for half an hour. Make sure that Mushroom pieces are fully covered with this marinade.
- Heat oil in a pan,add marinated mushroom without any batter, reserve this batter for later use.Shallow fry the mushroom.
- Turn the other side also and shallow fry, till it becomes light brown.Once done drain the excess oil and take it out from the pan.
- In the same pan,add in the onion,garlic,bell peppers and chillies,saute it for few minutes till the onion becomes soft.
- Add sauce and salt.Saute them again for few minutes.Finally add the fried mushroom and saute well.
- Add a tsp of reserved batter,if you want as a gravy.Otherwise you can skip this step.Saute it till the gravy becomes thick.Once it becomes thick,remove it from the stove.
It goes well with fried rice and rotis.Do try this delicious Chilly Mushroom Recipe and Enjoy!!!
- You can try this recipe with tofu or Paneer instead mushroom.
- If you want to make gravy add the reserved batter and a tbsp water.You can get the thick chilly mushroom gravy.
Have a Nice Day!!!
Looks so yum and colorful …nice pics Prema
Wow..truly yum, wonderful prep from u again Prema..Loved the forst click
With some fried rice aside, am ready to finish this delicious chilli mushroom rite now Prema,beautiful dish.
Looks yum…my fav anytime
Yummilicious chilli mushroom, I can clean up the bowl all alone.. Nice clicks too 🙂
inviting and a lovely treat
colorful and tempting … lovely clicks
Superb clicks and lovely appetizer, very tempting. I am not a fan of mushrooms but this one looks like a killer recipe
like ur prop prema.. nice clicks too.. i like dry version..
Very tempting and yummy chilli mushrooms
Feeling hungry now… Y u make sooo good n tempting me always….
love the presentation and dish too.
delicious and tempting recipe with an awesome presentation.
Lovely recipe…Looks so yum!
A classic party pleaser Prema!
love the dry version of chilli mushroom,really looks very tempting!!
Love your click of the chilli mushroom. Looks delicious.
Yummy and tempting appetizer.
Looks so perfect for fried rice Prema
Come participate and win healthy Hudson canola oil hampers
Mushrooms looks awesome!!! very tempting dish indeed 🙂
wow,very tempting appetizer ,looks yumm!!
Delcious chili mushroom I can eat whole bowl now.
nice way to add mushrooms.cute clicks.
Awesome recipe and wonderful clicks !!
Shallow frying mushroom is a good idea.i deep fried them once and it was a disaster..will try this for sure
Shallow frying is a good idea, I tried deep frying once and it was a disaster..will try this for sure
healthy n yummy appetizer, looks really tempting..
Hi Prema! The stir fry looks so vibrant and appetising. Lovely clicks too 🙂
looks so awesome,nice tempting clicks.
What a fabulous meal. Your photos are terrific and make your dish reallyappealing. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary
mouthwatering mushroom..looks so yummy 🙂
I am not a mushroom person but this looks inviting, maybe I will try with paneer.
Bookmarked it…its so tempting….
looks so delicious with nice clicks….
wonderful information, I had come to know about your blog from my friend nandu , hyderabad,i have read atleast 7 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i’m already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a ton once again, Regards, About Chinese Recipe
Chilli mushroom looks wonderful! Tempting clicks! Thnx for stopping by my space! Do follow my blog! :)http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/
M very much wonder to seeing this similar recipe and its preparation method I do for myself! probably Prema and me, like cooking as our non formal way with taste! Appreciate prema!!