Masale Bhat (masala bhaat)-Spicy Maharashtrian Rice
Masale bhat is a spicy Maharastrian rice.Tasted this rice first time in a friend’s house.Immediately got the recipe from her and sharing the same with you all.I used the vegetables like cauliflower and potato,you can use any veggie of your choice like brinjal, ivy gourd,etc...It’s a wonderful Lunch box menu which is easy to make .Do try this flavorful rice and let me know your feedback
2 cups Basmati Rice(uncooked)
3 and 1/2 cup water
1 cup Cauliflower florets
1 Medium sized Onion(Sliced)
1 chopped Tomatoes
2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
2 tsp Goda Masala( i used gram masala)
2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Oil
A Pinch Hing
1 tsp Ghee
1 tsp mustard
1 Bay Leaves
Salt to taste
3 tsp Coriander
1 tbsp dried Coconut(optional)
3-4 Dry Red Chilies(optional)
2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 inch cinnamon
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes.Drain and set aside.
- Dry roast all the ingredients for the masala and let it cool.
- Grind to a coarse powder.
- Slice the onion,cube the potatoes and remove cauliflower flowers and make ready for cooking.
- Heat the oil in a pan and temper the bay leaf and mustard seeds.
- As it splutters add the hing and onion. Sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the vegetables and saute well.
- Add the ground coarse powder,turmeric powder,gram masala powder,chilly powder,salt and combine well.
- Finally add the drained rice and mix well with the masala,add ghee at this stage.Remove it from the stove.
- Add required water and cook it.
- I cooked it in electric cooker,you can cook it in pressure cooker also.
- When the rice is done add the garnishing like coriander or fried cashews and serve hot.
It goes well simply with raitas.
1.I used vegetables like cauliflower,potato and green peas, you can use any veggie of your choice like brinjal, ivy gourd,etc.
2.For the spice powder i used garam masala,you can also add goda masala.
3.If you want you can add dry coconut powder while grinding and dry red chilies for extra spicy.
Have a Nice Day!!!
Masala bhaat is so tempting and pics are too good.Esp the first pic with the masala box in the backdrop.
masalabhat looks delicious Prema
spicy and delicious rice prema 🙂
masala bhaat looks spicy and yummy.
My Monthly Event – Spotlight Valentine’s Treat: “”
Spicy bhath looks colourful,bookmarking it.
I cook veg teheri in a similar and homlier manner, devoid of any of the masala powders but just garam masala powder and i add a tablespoon of milk in water while cooking the rice-veg mixture.. never tried this recipe before.. will do it for today’s lunch.. thank you 🙂
Tempting….Prema pls pass me some 🙂
Paneer Matar Makhaana
delicious and spicy flavorful bhaat
Tempting rice. Loved the fresh blend of spices
Very nice and flavorful rice prema. Nicely done
i love this especially its typical aroma when I visit any maharahtrian’s homes..jus wonderful
Looks Delicious Prema
so spicy n flavorful rice.. too good pics..
my fav Maharashtrian food.. looks awesome!
Delicious & flavorful rice!!
FAST FOOD EVENT -MUSHROOM
in my blog.
wow it looks great..
Very healthy n flavorful one pot meal..
looks so colorful n yummy rice…
Love this one ….looks so yum along with that bindi raita
Hmmm..I can smell the flavour from the freshly ground masala..it is too tempting and love to have it right now..
Dish In 30 Minutes – Soups & Salad
Very flavorful, delicious one pot meal..
Looks spicy..perefct potluck dish
That’s an flavoursome recipe….
Flavorful one pot meal,mouthwatering recipe…
yummy and very easy to make !!!
must try recipe..bookmarked this one
Masala Bhat looks delicious…
new follower to your site..
That looks spicy good for sure.Yum!
Hello blogger, i must say you have high quality articles here.
Your website can go viral. You need initial traffic
boost only. How to get it? Search for; Mertiso’s tips go