Yakhni Pulao Recipe with Step by Step pictures and Video. Ramadan Special Recipe. Yakhni Pulao is a rich and Tasty Rice Recipe with lots of Spices, made out of healthy stocks. The stocks made the rice very flavorful and delicious. This is very simple rice recipe, that you can make it within 3o mins time and it goes well with all Dals and Makhani. I have browsed for Yakhni Pulao Recipe and find The Mutton Yakhni Pulao Recipe, Just keeping the idea I have made this Vegetarian Version of Yakhni Pulao.
Yakhni means soup or stock, We are going to take out the stock from the vegetables and using that stock the rice is going to boil. This is how the Yakhni Pulao is made. In Non-Vegetarian Yakhni Pulao Recipe, use the Chicken or mutton stock to make this Yakhni Pulao Rice. One of My Muslim friends invited us for dinner and she made Yakhni Pulao for Iftar. The taste was too good and she made it in veg version, for us. Quickly got the recipe from her and uploading here.
This Vegetable yakhni pulao is white in colour. You can check another version like Briyani. That we call it Yakhni biryani and we can make it dum Biryani version also. Yakhni Biryani is bit spicy and tasty too. Yakhni Pulao goes well with all kinds of gravy and simple papad also. Initially, feel like it tastes like ghee rice but the stocks flavour makes the pulao divine. To make the vegetable stock I have used stock cubes and vegetables as well. But you can Make Vegetable stocks at home to make Yakhni Pulao, Quickly check this link to make VEGETABLE STOCK AT HOME.
YAKHNI PULAO Recipe in 3 Easy Steps,
Pre-Preparation: soak Basmati Rice with enough water at least for 15 mins or before you start cooking. Slice the onion and keep aside. Chop the vegetables into medium sized pieces.
Step 1: Make the Yakhni First (vegetable stock)
Boil water(3 cups) in medium flame and then add the Chopped vegetables. Once the vegetable started boiling add the stock cubes(if you are adding more vegetables no need of stock cubes). If your stock cube is salty then no need to add the salt. otherwise, add salt and boil the vegetables.
Drain the vegetables and take out the stock in a separate bowl keep aside.
Add ghee in a pan fry the cashew nuts and onion separately to the golden brown.reserve it for garnishing.
Step 2: Marinate the vegetables,
Take the boiled vegetables in a bowl(without water). Add the spices and then ginger garlic paste and curd. Let it marinate for few minutes. Heat ghee in a pan, add the shahi jeera and then add the marinated vegetables.Add the vegetable stock and let it to boil.
Step 3: Make yakhni pulao, Finally add the rice and cook it. Once rice completely cooked well add the fried onion and cashews, garnish it and serve. You can serve yakhni Pulao with any gravy.
Yakhni Pulao Recipe Card :
- 1 and ½ cups Basmati Rice
- 2 cups Mixed Vegetables
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cups thinly sliced onions
- 10 Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves
- 1 cardamom
- 1 tsp Shahi jeera
- 4 tbsp curd/yoghurt
- salt (adjust to taste)
- Pre-Preparation: soak Basmati Rice with enough water for 15 mins or before you start cooking.
- Slice the onion and keep aside. Chop the vegetables into medium sized pieces.
- Make the Yakhni First (vegetable stock)Boil water in medium flame and then add the vegetables. Once the vegetable started boiling at the stock cubes. If your stock cube is salty then no need to add the salt.
- Drain the vegetables and take out the stack in a separate bowl keep aside.
- Marinate the vegetables,Take the boiled vegetables in a bowl. Add the spices and then ginger garlic paste and curd.
- Let it to marinate for few minutes. Meanwhile fry the cashew nuts and onion separately to golden brown.reserve it for garnishing.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the shahi jeera and then add the marinated vegetables.
- Add the vegetable stock and let it to boil. Finally add the rice and cook it. Once rice completely
- cooked well add the fired onion and cashews, garnish it and serve.
Use basmati Rice to make Yakhni Pulao. Wash and soak the rice at least for 15 mins before you cook.
i have used ghee but you can use oil+ghee also.
If you have ready made roasted onions you can use that also.
You can add green chilies if you want the rice to be spicy.
I have used the stock cubes you can skip that and use the only the vegetable stocks.
Adjust the salt as per you taste bud. I didn't add salt because the stock cube itself salty.
Yakhni Pulao Recipe Video:
Have a Nice Day!!!