|karuveppilai sadam recipe | How to cook curry leaves rice | Variety Rice Recipes
Author : Premalatha Aravindhan Category : Variety Rice Recipes
Prep and cooking Time: below 30 Mins Cuisine : South Indian serves : 2-3
1 cup Cooked Basmati Rice
1 tsp Gingelly Oil
Salt , to taste
To roast and grind:
1 and 1/2 Curry leaves
2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
4 Dry Red Chillies
1 tbsp Channa dal
1 tsp Whole Black Pepper
1 tsp Oil
1 tsp Ghee
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
3 dry red chilly
1/2 tsp Urad dal
- Rinse curry leaves well and dry it completely and keep it ready.Dry roast Curry leaves,Coriander Seeds,Dry Red Chillies,Channa dal,Whole Black Pepper till golden brown.Then add curry leaves and saute for 3-4mins until the color starts to change.Add required salt.Switch off.Cool down and grind it to a coarse powder,Set aside.
- In a pan heat oil and ghee, add mustard seeds,chilly and urad dal, once it crackles add broken cashews and fry till golden brown.
- Cook rice ,Check here how to cook rice and make it.Fluff the rice add gingelly oil.
- Now add the curry leaves powder and tempering, mix well.Serve hot / warm with papadam.
- You can make this curry leaves powder in bulk and store in a air tight container,when ever you need just mix it with rice.