Manoharam is the famous traditional festival sweet that can be made at the time of karthigai deepam and also for all functions like seemantham,wedding,ashomam.Manoharam with stepwise pics and video helps you to understand easily.To save time make the Thenkuzhal (murukku)
a day before ,crush and keep in a box.Next day while you make you can save time.
Here is the complete video to show how to make Manoharam,
| Easy Manoharam Recipe for karthigai deepam | Manoharam Recipe with Video
Author : Premalatha Aravindhan Category: Sweets,Karthigai Recipe Preparation Time: 20 mins Cooking Time : 30 mins Yields : 2 mid size cones or 8 mid size balls
3 and 1/2 cups Thenkuzhal(crushed)
1 and 3/4 cup Jaggery
1/2 cup water
a pinch dry ginger powder
a pinch cardamom powder
Ghee (to grease hand)
- Crush the thenkuzhal and make it ready.crush the jaggery and keep it ready as well.
- Boil water, then add the crush jaggery,mix well.Once the jaggery dissolves in water stain it to remove the impurities and then boil it again.
- To test the syrup consistency,drop a little jaggery syrup in water.Once you touch the syrup it should form a soft ball,if you miss this consistency you can’t able to roll the ball,it will become very hard so switch off the stove in a correct stage.Take the crushed thenkuzhal and then drop the syrup little by little and mix well.If you want to roll it into ball shape then grease your hand and press it in your palm..
- Since i don’t have a mould i used foil.I have prepared a cone on foil and dropped the manoharam mix into it.I have then shaped it to a cone shape and cooled for sometime.i removed the foil after few minutes to get this cone shaped Manoharam.Hope this simple procedure might give you all a better idea.
- Make thenkuzhal first and then crush it ,while crushing don’t crush too powder or very big sized.
- Sugar syrup consistency is very important check the video if you have any doubts.
- If you are rolling into a ball shape then pat your hands on rice flour or grease your hand on ghee but start make them while it is still hot.
- Once you made the manoharam store it in air tight container so that the crispyness of the thenkuzhal will remain for long days.
For More karthigai Deepam Recipes click here,
Have a Nice Day!!!
Technorati Tags: Easy Manoharam Recipe,Manoharam Recipe,How to make Manoharam,Video,Manoharam Video,Traditional Recipe,Karthigai Deepam Recipes,Karthigai Deepam,Manoharam Wedding,Function