Onion Dosai and Kara Chutney Recipe | Spicy Chutney Recipe| கார சட்னி
After long time here is my mom recipe.I remember when she makes this chutney we used to have uncountable number of idlies.This is our fav chutney for ever.Whenever Amma makes this chutney she will reserve some onions to make onion dosai because onion dosai and tomato chutney are my fav combo.Here is the recipe.
4-5 Medium Sized Tomatoes ,Finely Chopped
3-4 Medium Sized Onions,Finely Chopped
3-4 tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Urad Dal
A sprig Curry Leaves
1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder
5-10 Dry Red Chillies(depends on ur spice level)
Salt as Needed
- Wash Tomatoes and keep aside.
- Soak red chillies in hot water for 10 – 15 minutes,separately.
- Finely chop the onions and Tomatoes.
- Drain the water and grind the soaked red chillies,initially without water and then add little water and grind well.
- Heat oil in a kadai and temper mustard seeds and urad dal.Once the seed splutter,add curry leaves.
- Add the finely chopped onions.Cook well in the oil,till soft.
- Now add the chopped Tomatoes.cover and cook well,till it become soft and mushy.
- Add salt and turmeric powder,again cover and cook it.
- Now add the grinded chilly paste and mix well.Cook it well until the raw smell goes.
- Cook it in low flame and let the chutney to become thick.Once the oil gets oases on top, switch off the stove.
This Chutney goes well with all kinds of dosa,Paniyaram and hot idliesBut my fav is with Onion Dosai.
Here is the Recipe,
For Onion Dosai We Need :
1 and 1/2 lade Idly / Dosa Batter ( for one dosa)
1 and 1/2 Finely chopped Onion
Sesame Few drops Oil(for drizzling )
- Heat the pan and then grease it with oil.
- Pour 1 and half ladle dosa batter and spread it all over the tawa.Sprinkle finely chopped onions and drizzle few drops of oil on top of the dosai.
- Cook till the down part,till it becomes light brown.Carefully turn and cook the other side.
- After few seconds check the down part,once the onion turns golden brown take it out from tawa.
Hot Dosai directly from tawa,nothing can beat this taste.Usually it goes well with sambar and all kinds of chutneys
Have a Nice Day!!!
Prema ….the chutney looks so spicy n yum …along with this onion dosa …man am drooling here….the tomato pic is too gud
Prema your making me too hungry even after having my breakfast.Super chutney and mouthwatering pics.
Prema that’s one mouth-watering recipe dear..I will be visiting S’pore in Now 2012 and we should meet up..
thanks Saraswathi,sure will meet:)
wonderful clicks and hot spicy chutney looks tempting…
wow,u made me hungry. iam drooling 🙂
Its making me hungry 🙁 Can u send me a parcel pls…. 🙁
Prema…u r making me wana run home and make this:-) Ur pictorial is simple too tempting:-)
Chutney and Dosa looks finger licking good.
very delicious combo.love this chutney as well as onion dosa
Prema I am always on the lookout for different types of chutneys. Bookmarking this. Looks too good with onion dosa. Loved your presentation.
Chutney looks spicy and yummy. Onion dosai looks also crunchy and tasty..Perfect combo dish.
My Monthly Event – Spotlight : “Healthy Snacks”
looks yummy. irresistible. thanks for sharing your mom’s recipe. will definitely try this.
Wow looks irresistable…
spicy chutney..mmm irresistable..yumm
Drooling here…can’t wait to have my favorite onion dosa with this yummy chutney
Prrfect combo for dosa and idlis…Dosa Looks crispy….
ooohh…my mouth is watering!! Lovely dosas & lip smacking chutney..fab clicks..
Drooling here, feel like inviting myself to ur place.
delicious dear…join me in know your flours- corn flour event in my blog.
Sema combination Prema. Ippove pasikkudhu 🙂
so drooling dear… fabulous…
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
Delicious Combo…feel like grabbing it from the screen
A very flavorful combo dear. Mouthwatering recipe. Lovely clicks too. Bookmarked it dear.
Lovely combo and yummy chutney
As soon as I read onion dosa and kara chutney only, mouthwatering here, love this chutney..
Mouthwatering combo,chutney looks fabulous.
this is absolutely adorable..nice try
Different tempting chutney….Sure try this chutney and let you know…
hot n spicy combo with dosa/idly…looks so tempting!
Delicious dosai Prema, I make chutney same way but finally grind everything into paste. yumm.
Thanks Swathi,will try next by ur way…
mouth watering recipe, looks so inviting…
Perfect combination Prema, love the color of the chutney.
Yumm Yummm.. I am craving for this tempting platter..
lovely color and amazing clicks and chutney looks great
I tried this chutney,mmmm very spicy n tasty….me & hubby totally loved with ghee dosa.thxs for sharing…
Thats so quick Menaga,thanks a lot for trying:) Am so happy…
oh my! wat lovely step by step pictures!! got me drooling here!