kanda poha or onion poha is a popular Maharashtra breakfast recipe.Poha is the Maharashtrian word for flattened or beaten rice and kanda means onions. hence the term kanda poha or kanda pohe (pohe being plural of poha).For variation you can also add boiled peas or grated carrot when making this poha recipe. I have also added grated coconut in the poha but this is optional.Learnt this recipe from my friend snegal.She is from Pune.I have clicked few Maharastrian recipes will post them soon.
Kanda Poha(Pohe) Recipe | Maharastrian Style Kanda Pohe Recipe with Video ——————————————————————————————————————————
Author : Premalatha Aravindhan Category : Breakfast Recipes,Maharastrian Recipes
Prep and cooking Time: below 20 Mins Cuisine : Maharastrian serves : 2-3
1 and 1/2 cups thick Poha (flattened rice)
1 large Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp Cumin seeds
A pinch Hing
1/4 cup Peanuts
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1-2 Green chillies, or as per taste, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp Sugar
Few sprigs of Curry leaves and Cilantro
Salt to taste
Lemon juice to taste
- Wash the rice flakes in cold water very well.Let it drain for 10 minutes.
- Add in cumin seeds,green chilly,curry leaves and asafoetida. When the seeds splutter, add the peanuts and stir until roasted. You can alternatively roast/toast the peanuts separately and add them towards the end too.
- Now add in the onions and fry,till it become soften.
- Now add in the turmeric powder,poha(little by little),coriander leaves and salt.Mix it well.
- Sprinkle little water if the poha is too dry.
- Add in sugar and mix well. Once done remove it from the stove
- Now the poha is ready to serve.Garnish it with coconut and coriander while serving.
Notes: 1. We can add some lime juice while soaking the poha or sprinkle some lemon juice while cooking it.
2.You can also add boiled peas or grated carrot when making this onion poha recipe. i have also added grated coconut in the poha but this is optional.
For More Details watch this Video,
Technorati Tags: Poha Recipes,Kanda Poha,Pohe,Onion Poha,Indian Breakfast Recipes,Kids Recipes,Low Fat Recipes,Maharashtrian Recipes,Rice Recipes,Starters & Snacks,Vegan Recipes Bachelor Recipes,Gluten Free,kanda batata poha recipe,how to make kanda batata poha recipe