Easy steps to clean Mushroom | Mushroom Pepper Masala Recipe-Chettinadu style
Being a great fan of mushroom,i have posted many using mushrooms,but yet to post how to clean it I found it is easy after seeing the steps here.
So Here am sharing ,how to clean Mushrooms in Easy Steps:
- There are many varieties of mushrooms are available in market,whatever it is try to choose whole mushrooms,avoid discoloured, broken and damaged mushrooms with soft spots.I always try to choose a box that has the cleanest mushroom.
- Wipe off the sand or dust on mushroom using damp cloth or paper towel,since the mushroom skin is very soft and smooth don’t wash it in water directly without wiping out first.
- Rinse mushroom under running water and give a good shake to remove water.
- There is no need to peel off mushroom skin. In fact, peeling mushrooms nullifies most of their flavour. Simply trim off any damaged spots and tough or dirty stem.This is how i cleaned the mushrooms,Interesting?
Lets see the recipe for Mushroom Pepper Masala,
I prefer to use freshly crushed black pepper for all kinds of Pepper masala because it stimulates the taste buds and also helps for digestion.Lets proceed with the recipe.
250 g Mushrooms(cleaned)
2 tbsp Oil
3-4 dry Red Chillies
1 Medium Sized Onion,sliced
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Chilly powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Fennel seed Powder
1 sprig Curry Leaves
1 tbsp Black Pepper Corns (adjust according to ur tasted buds)
Salt a needed.
- Crush the black pepper corns into coarse powder in a mortar with a pestle.You can do this using blender but take care that it should not be too fine.
- Heat the oil in the pan and add dry red chillies.Then add the onion saute it for a while,till it becomes soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder and fry well.Add chilly powder,coriander powder and salt fry well till the raw smell goes.
- Add cleaned and diced mushrooms and mix well with the masala.
- Don’t add water because the salt releases the water in the mushroom so cover and cook well.
- Now add curry leaves and saute well.Adding curry leaves at the final step gives nice aroma to the masala.
- Finally add black pepper and mix well.After adding pepper don’t over cook it.Switch off the stove.
It goes well with dosa and roti but my fav combo with simple rasam
Have A Nice Day!!!
Looks so yum along with that rasam and nice post ….and ofcoz I noticed your nail art ….so cute
Yummy mushroom..great cobo for rotis…
Omg, pepper mushroom masala makes me drool..Great looking nail art.
Pepper mushroom masala is my fav anytime….freshly ground pepper gives a great flavour….yummy!!
Nice post prema.Love ur mortar.Yummy recipe.
Wow good useful post about cleaning a mushroom and loved the peppery mushroom recipe 🙂
Today’s Recipe ~ Spicy Bitter Gourd Stir Fry / Pavakkai Poriyal
You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes
I am yet to try mushroom recipes, super tempting curry, very flavorful prema
delicious mushroom curry.
nice tip with yummy recipe dear…
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
Delicious and yumm mushroom stir fry Prema. I love it.
wow! looks gorgeous! and i never knew there was so much to cleaning mushrooms!!
Nalla kaara saaramana masala, very tempting..
wow this is awesome…and beautiful clicks…happy to follow you here…
do visit my space…
SYF&HWS – Cook with Spices
South Indian Cooking (SIC) Series
this is my fav too…i too prefer freshly ground pepper to my pepper masala 🙂 looks very tempting!!
Thats a fabulous mouth watering dish….
mouth watering recipe… looks delicious…
YUMMOOOO…Cant take my eyes of it. Love this spicy treat!!
I bought the cookies stamp in Michale’s arts and craft store dear..
Mushroom Pepper masala looks really yummy…Nice and spicy
Mushroom masala looks so delectable.
Very nice presentation Prema! looks delicious
Such a mouthwatering preparation!!!
Looks great. Nicely explained. Love mushrooms very much.
useful tips stire is looking heavenly
Mouth watering curry & rasam..