Sodhi(Coconut Milk Khuzhambu)
Sodhi –Coconut Milk Khuzhambu is very easy to prepare and it goes nicely with iddiyapam and hot rice. This is my all time favourite! This dish is suppose to be a Srilankan/Malaysian curry, but it is very famous in Tirunalvelli District. My mom had penned it for me in my recipe book(my life saver!)When I got married, since then I have been making it quite frequently.
1 cup thick Coconut milk + 2 cups thin coconut milk
2 Onions (medium sized) ,sliced
2-3 Green Chillies
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 sprig Curry leaves
3 Garlic cloves finely minced
Salt as needed
Chopped Coriander for garnishing
- Extract the coconut milk and Keep aside the milk that was extracted the first time.The 2nd & 3rd portions are kept together.
- Slice the onion,split the green chillies and chop the onions and keep aside.
- Heat the 2nd&3rd portion milk in a vessel.
- Add sliced onion,tomatoes,green chillies,garlic,curry leaves,boil it well.
- Add the turmeric powder,cover it with lid and cook till the onion and garlic becomes soft.
- Finally add the first portion of coconut milk.Stir continuously.once it started foams at the top and the salt,mix well.
- After adding salt don’t cook it and switch off the stove.
Totally new for me ,going to try this one.
You have a lovely space, will be back for more.
u made me try out really yummy vegetarian dishes
This looks fab .never tried it …and I love your crockery set
wow nice n yumm one.. will try ..soon
This is new to me and loved it Prema. will try soon
interesting and yummy dish.Loved the entire set up
Truly an excellent recipe. I have tried this and everyone loved it. I actually added mustard, cumin, fenel, urad dhal, fenugreek for tempering and I used powedered milk for this Sodhi and it was simply irresistable. Keep sharing your ideas and recipes as it is very helpful for beginners like me 😍😍😍🙏🙏🙏🙏
Hi your recepie i tried today as i am not good in making sothi. It turned superb . Thankyou.
thanks and glad u liked it !