It is very easy to prepare and taste is so delicious.To prepare this sweet we need Khova/Khoya for stuffing.Here i tried this sweet with homemade khova/khoya.You can try this with Store bought one also.
Suriyakala Chandrakala recipe video:
Ingredients For Khova:
- 1 litre Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Almonds – pistachios -cashew (sliced)(optional)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan.Bring it to boil.Once it starts boiling, then lower the heat – something in the middle of low-med.
- Stir it once every 10 min to make sure that the milk does not stick to the bottom.
- Add the Cardamom Powder and sugar.The milk is about an hour and half or so, slowly starts reducing in volume and turns into sandalwood yellow colour.
- After 1 hours or so, it thickens and this is a point when it becomes mandatory that attention is given and stirring is must on a continuous basis. Otherwise it will stick to the bottom.At final stage it will be like thick paste.Remove it from the stove ,Transfer it into a serving bowl and cool it for sometime.Khova is ready for stuffing.
- 2 cups Maida/plain flour
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2-3 tbsp water/as needed to knead the flour
- a pinch Salt
- Oil/Ghee for deep frying
- 1 cup sugar (for syrup)
- Few Kesar /pistachios
- Khoya for stuffing
- Add the maida flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.Add ghee and start kneading the dough.Add water little by little and knead them again till the dough become soft.Cover and keep aside.
- Roll each dough pieces like small poories.Place stuffing in the center of the poori and close it.
- Fold in the edges.Repeat this step with remaining dough.
- Prepare the sugar syrup by boiling sugar and water into thick consistence.Fry all chandrakala one by one in a ghee/oil at moderate temperature, till it turns golden.
- Take it out and soak the chandrakala immediately in prepared sugar syrup for 10 minutes and then arrange it in a tray.
And this is how the stuffing looks ..:)…just to tempt you guys 😉
Have a nice Day!